- Adapt the urban green infrastructure to events of extreme precipitation and flooding, through water management measures and improvement of soil cover;
- Increase carbon sequestration by promoting the creation of biodiverse rainfed meadows and increasing tree coverage;
- Promote the sustainability of urban green infrastructure through cost reduction, implementing natural-based solutions;
- Promote an ecological balance of urban green infrastructure, including biodiversity richness, soil conservation and hydrological cycle regulation;
- Reduce energy consumption;
- Promote replication and transferability of the project;
- Promote citizens' awareness and capacity building.